MTI Bath: St. Tropez Lavatory sinks are made with 60% of organic material including minerals mines from the earth and dirt. This sink will always look great with little maintenance.
MTI takes responsibility when it comes to ensuring their company reduces their impact on the environment. This is very evident in the policies and practices it has in place.
- MTI recycles cardboard, paper, aluminum, scrap steel, virgin and scrap acrylic and wood.
- MTI recycles test-table water.
- Over 40% of the materials used in the manufacturing of MTI acrylic products, such as soaking tubs and shower bases, is post-industrial recycled material.
- MTI uses the newest chemicals that offer the lowest emissions.
- Approximately 60% of the material used in the manufacturing of MTI engineered solid-surface products is organic, including mineral mined from the earth and dirt.
- The teak used in MTI products is harvested only after a replacement tree had been planted 20 years earlier.
- MTI's bath furniture is built with FSC-certified wood for minimum impact on the environment.
- MTI's wood finishing process uses protective coatings with low-VOC (Volatile Organic Chemical) and low-HAPs (Hazardous Air Pollutants).
- All MTI tub and shower shipping boxes are made from 100% recycled material.
- MTI sales and promotional literature is produced using FSC-certified paper.
Alchemy sinks: Alchemy Glass and Light still uses ancient techniques by heating and refining metal in a variety of chemical processes, most of which were kept a secret at the time. Today, these methods are still being uses by Steve Weinstocks, to transform sinks into beautiful artwork. Weinstocks has been working with glass for over 15 years and is well known for creating collections of kaleidoscope colored glass sinks. Weinstock also uses precious metals and minerals in his designs to create a wide variety of color palettes. All of the sinks by Weinstock are hand crafted and most importantly functional.
The Celestial Series by Alchemy uses eco-conscious LED light unit embedded underneath the countertop that is designed to fit around any Alchemy sink. The LED light creates a mystical glow around the already artistic sink, creating a one of kind look. The low voltage LED is great for the environment using less energy than that of a standard incandescent light bulb and is estimated to last over 50,000 hours.